Sunday, March 1, 2009

No turning back now!



Chris and I just registered for the 1/2 marathon! Eeek - no turning back now! It was pretty expensive but at least a lot of the money goes to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. From what I've seen and read about previous marathon weekends it's going to be an amazing experience. Plus, and most important, I can say "I'm going to Disney World!" We're actually going twice in 2010: January for the race and December for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary :)

I started week 6 of the 5k program, and it's still going really well. Yesterday I ran 20 minutes without stopping... well, I stopped once to get Caitlin up from her nap but since I had to go up two flights of stairs and carry her downstairs I figure it was still exercise. Today it was back to interval training (run for 5, walk for 3, run for 8, walk for 3, run for 5) but now the times go from 20 minutes to 25 minutes. At the end of this week I'll be up to running nonstop for 25 minutes. I'm planning on running a 5k in about 2 weeks hopefully! I'm running with a co-worker so I need to try hard not to embarrass myself :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you signed up! You'll do GREAT! Have fun training and planning your trip!

    ReplyDelete