Monday, March 30, 2009

New shoes

I took a break from running for a few days because my feet were killing me. I started looking at stuff online and figured my ankles needed more support than my shoes were giving. My parents were in town so my mom and I (and Caitlin) went shopping Saturday. We stopped at the VA running store http://www.varunner.com/ in Woodbridge and I got fitted for a new pair of shoes. It was great - they measured my feet, watched me run in a few pairs of shoes, and really worked with me to find a pair that worked. I ended up with the same brand I usually get, New Balance, but they have more "stability" than my other pair http://www.newbalance.com/running/footwear/WR769/.

Chris also set up (with my dad's help) my old tv on a wall-mount right in front of the tv. So today when I ran I watched part of the movie Transformers. Dorky, I know, but it kept me entertained! I'm also starting a running/walking program. Basically, I'll run for 4-5 minutes and walk for 1. It worked out really well, I'm still running slow but I'm ok with that. I walked for 5 minutes and ran/walked for about 35 minutes. I only did a little over 3 miles but it's better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment