Saturday, March 14, 2009

Survived the 5k!

3 miles down, 10 to go!

Happy to say that I did indeed survive the 5k, although I really only ran a few minutes longer than I'm used to. But my body did seem to notice that I kept running past the usual 25 minutes. I'm not sure of my exact time, I think it was around 31 minutes, and that's what I expected. I stopped once to tie my shoe and jogged the rest. I ran with a co-worker which was great. We chatted a bit but once I started wheezing I wasn't much of a conversationalist :) I'm I slowed her down but we both agreed we weren't considered with time, just finishing. The weather was cold but dry. Just my luck that last weekend I was running outside in shorts and this morning I had gloves on. It even snowed yesterday! I'm over snow - I'm definitely ready for nice weather.

Now I need to wean myself off the couch to 5k program and start thinking about training for the 1/2 marathon. I'm an English nerd so of course I bought 3 different running books with 3 different training programs. They range from 14-20 weeks. Since the race isn't until January I think I'll double the training time and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment