Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Post-race blues?

It's been too long since I updated this blog! I think I had some post-race blues after the 5k and I was overwhelmed that I only ran 3 miles and the 1/2 marathon has 13 miles :(

I also think I'm dealing with a couple of minor sores/injuries. My heels are bothering me and from what I can gather from my running books and the internet I might have plantar facsciitis, which is basically heel pain. http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/plantar-fasciitis-topic-overview I can't figure out if I'm still supposed to run or take it easy. Right now I've been taking it easy although I did run yesterday. I went verrrry slooooow and it was painful to walk after.

Right now I'm considering beginning a running/walking plan for the race. I still have almost 9 months to train and I've found some good programs that, for example, incorporate 4 minutes of running with 1 minute of walking. I think that might be a better idea in the long run for me. One woman I read used that program and finished in 2 hours! The cut-off is 3.5 hours so that's a really good time in my book. I'm just hoping to finish in one piece :)

No comments:

Post a Comment