Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ups and downs...

I'm finding myself lately torn between being really proud of myself for exercising on a regular basis and depressed because I still can't fit into all of my pre-pregnancy clothes. I know the saying "9 months on, 9 months off" but it's frustrating because some of my clothes fit ok and some won't even zip up :( I had a reality check today at the mall. I picked out a few cute tops at H&M to try on, plus a pair of pants and a skirt, and nothing fit. I got the pants in one size and the skirt in a size up and neither one came close to fitting. The shirts weren't too bad but my chest is still larger than normal. I'm afraid that if I buy tops now they won't fit once I stop nursing. I guess I'll hold off shopping for a few more weeks and hope that I drop some more weight.

On the bright side, I started week 5 of my program today and feel great. I walked 5 minutes to warm up, then ran 5 minutes, walked 3, and repeated that twice more. That's day one of week 5 - day two consists of running for 8 minutes and walking for 2 or 3 and day three is running for 20 minutes. I'm nervous about day three but then again just a few weeks ago running for 5 minutes nonstop scared me. I think starting slow has really been the trick to sticking with things now. I've been talking with a friend about running in a 5k in the next couple of months. Hopefully I can keep up the enthusiasm until next January!

No comments:

Post a Comment